Saturday 16 June 2012

"Rishikesh George" with Felt Mistress



Here's the reason I've been drawing the Beatles in my sketchbook so much over the last few weeks. We were delighted to be asked to contribute to the Gallery Nucleus "All Together Now - Tribute to the Beatles" show. I'm a massive Beatles fan. Apart from the music, Klaus Voorman's cover to "Revolver" and Heinz Edelmann and the entire look of the "Yellow Submarine" are big influences on how I draw. We went through a lot of ideas before we eventually settled on making George Harrison (George is my favourite Beatle to draw). Below is a series of sketches I made and above is Louise's final sitar-playing George in all his 3D glory. As you can see Louise has worked wonders. Possibly her best piece yet? Just look at that sitar! George can be viewed in the felt and is available to buy at Gallery Nucleus from July 7th. Here's hoping someone commissions us to make the other three!

1 comment:

Fred Blunt said...

that is genius!!